CONDITIONS OF ENTRYThe exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the exhibition rules and conditions.
An entrant’s images will not be presented to the judges consecutively. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section. Distribution of images shall be in the same round order as submitted by the entrant.
Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own (aliases are not permitted). The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “will not be eligible for awards” or inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subject to disqualification” by the exhibition sponsors.
The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright. Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker. Artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated provided the photographic content predominates, subject to Nature, Photo Travel and Photojournalism divisional restrictions. All final work must be on photographic film, or on electronic file, or on photographic or electronic print material, mounting excepted.
No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image, print mat or mount entered in a PSA Recognized exhibition.
Each image must have a unique title. Once an image has been accepted in a PSA Recognized exhibition, that same image, or a like “in camera” or a “reproduction” duplicate of that image:
i. May not be entered or re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title.
ii. May not be re-titled for entry in any other PSA Recognized exhibition, including translation into another language.
Words such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable as part or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture filenames.
An image may be entered in only one section where acceptances of that image in multiple sections would be eligible for the same star path.
BREACH OF CONDITIONS OF ENTRYIf the exhibition determines before, during, or after the judging that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the exhibition reserves the right and discretion to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards. Fees may be forfeited in these circumstances.
In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition may carry out checks on the images to make sure that:
a) the images are the original work of the entrant and
b) the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.
This may involve asking the entrant to provide originally captured image(s), with EXIF data intact, by a set deadline. The questioned image(s) of any entrant failing to comply with such a request for the original image(s) may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations. PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the PSA rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations with FIAP. Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition.
NOTICE: When an entrant fills in the Entry Form to submit an entry the entrant will see a feature to affirm he or she has read these Conditions of Entry when he or she fills out the entry form. If the entrant does not so affirm the entry will not be submitted.
DATA PROTECTION:By entering this exhibition, you are explicitly consenting to the personal details you have supplied, including email addresses, being held, processed and used by the exhibition organizers for purposes associated with this exhibition. You also explicitly consent to such information being sent to organizations that have accorded official recognition, patronage or accreditation to this exhibition. You acknowledge and accept that entering this exhibition means that the status and results of your entry may be made public.
SALON RULES & REGULATION
- The salon is open to photo friends spread all over the world. It will be organized under the approved rules of PSA All acceptances will count for PSA for inclusion in PSA Star Rating and "Who’s Who". ALL Images must be the original work of the entrant. If two or more similar images are entered by the same author, the first one getting the acceptance score will be considered for acceptance or award, the other images will not be considered. NO ALTERATION FOR NATURE, PHOTO TRAVEL IMAGES.
- The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website.
- The image size must be of maximum 1920 pixels and 1080 pixels (any side) including any borders and be a maximum File Size within 1MB. The files must be in JPEG format at 72 dpi resolution. The title should be in English and the maximum length 35 characters including spaces. No special characters such as !@#$%^&*()+/?<> ‘ ’ “ ” etc. are allowed ; only space, dash (-) and underscore ( _ ) are allowed in file naming besides a-z, A-Z and 0-9.
- Report Cards will be sent by E-Mail as well as displayed on our website - www.foesalon.in
- All paid up Entrant will received online PDF CATALOGUE and a downloadable link will be available in the website.
- All Acceptances are eligible for statistics applicable to PSA Distinctions.
- The decision of the Panel of selectors is final and binding, no further appeal will be entertained.
- Entries are limited to not more than 4 images (digital files) per section, i.e. 28 total images for 7 sections. Images for each section should be uploaded via www.foesalon.in.
- Each author can receive only one award / honorable mention in each section.
- An entrant's four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section.
- No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image, in a PSA Recognized exhibition.
- Each image must have a unique title. Once an image has been accepted in a PSA Recognized exhibition, that same image, or a like "in camera" or a "reproduction" duplicate of that image:
- May not be re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title.
- May not be re-titled for entry in any other PSA Recognized exhibition. Words such as "Untitled" and "No Title" are not acceptable as part or all of an image's title, nor are camera capture filenames or titles consisting of only numbers"
- All entrants in must provide name and country data exactly the same in each exhibition entered to receive proper credit.
- The organizer will take all possible care while handling the awards and catalogues; however we assume no liability for damages and loses during shipping.
- Entries will not be judge without entry fees.
PSA DEFINITION OF BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY (MONOCHROME)
An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e. contains only shades of gray which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being a greyscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image. (For example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.) A greyscale or multi-colored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi-toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color Work.
Monochrome images may be entered in PID Color sections but if accepted will only be eligible towards PID Color Star Ratings.
PSA DEFINITION OF PHOTO TRAVEL
A Photo Travel image expresses the characteristic features or culture of a land as they are found naturally. There are no geographic limitations. Images from events or activities arranged specifically for photography, or of subjects directed or hired for photography are not appropriate. Close up pictures of people or objects must include features that provide information about the environment.
Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. The only allowable adjustments are removal of dust or digital noise, restoration of the appearance of the original scene, and complete conversion to greyscale monochrome. Other derivations, including infrared, are not permitted. All images must appear natural.
PSA DEFINITION OF NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY
Nature photography is restricted to the use of the photographic process to depict all branches of natural history, except anthropology and archeology, in such a fashion that a well-informed person will be able to identify the subject material and certify its honest presentation.
- The story telling value of a photograph must be weighed more than the pictorial quality while maintaining high technical quality.
- Human elements shall not be present, except where those human elements are integral parts of the nature story such as nature subjects, like barn owls or storks, adapted to an environment modified by humans, or where those human elements are in situations depicting natural forces, like hurricanes or tidal waves.
- Scientific bands, scientific tags or radio collars on wild animals are permissible.
- Photographs of human created hybrid plants, feral animals, domestic animals, or mounted specimens are ineligible, as is any form of manipulation that alters the truth of the photographic statement.
- No techniques that add, relocate, replace, or remove pictorial elements except by cropping are permitted.
- Techniques that enhance the presentation of the photograph without changing the nature story or the pictorial content, or without altering the content of the original scene, are permitted including HDR, focus stacking and dodging/burning.
- Techniques that remove elements added by the camera, such as dust spots, digital noise, and film scratches, are allowed.
- Stitched images are not permitted.
- All images must appear natural.
- Color images can be converted to greyscale monochrome.
- Infrared images, either direct-captures or derivations, are not allowed.
- Images entered in Nature sections meeting the Nature Photography Definition above can have landscapes, geologic formations, weather phenomena, and extant organisms as the primary subject matter. This includes images taken with subjects in controlled conditions, such as zoos, game farms, botanical gardens, aquariums and any enclosure where the subjects are totally dependent on man for food.